- Class Hours: 50
- Instructor: Inika Sati Spence
- Prerequisites: Watsu 1 or Intro to Healing Dance
- Class Materials: Bring a swimsuit and towels
- Checkin at Harbin front gate as early as 12pm Sunday.
You may enter the classroom building at 6pm to bring in your bedding and food if you'd like. Class orientation begins promptly at 6:30pm for a 7pm class start time.
Healing Dance 1 evokes the essence of water in fluidity and movement. It is a complimentary technique to Watsu and WaterDance, powerful in its own right, combining the freedom, scope and three dimensionality of WaterDance with the closeness and nurturing of Watsu.
The form follows the natural tendencies of the body moving in water with waves and spirals and emphasizes the sensation of water flowing past. Some moves combine the contrast of closeness into total release while others offer dynamic and creative stretches. You will learn to move in partnership with the receiver as if they were water itself.
Healing Dance was discovered through the creative genius of Alexander George a former ballet dancer and teacher who began studying Watsu in 1990.
You will understand and learn:
• New moves in the water, divided between mini-sequences and moves such as releases, waves, tractions, and transitions as well as tuning in and moving with your client
• New concepts of body mechanics and refine how you use your body in the water
• New techniques of head support relevant to the new repertoire of moves and incorporate them into your aquatic bodywork and review previously learned head support
• A philosophy of working in the water based on the healing power of movement, incorporating such concepts as movement as medicine, the rhythmic field, rhythms of awareness, and weightlessness
In all, Healing Dance 1 will expand your ability to work with a wide range of clients and bring a delightful, flowing dance to your aquatic bodywork.