- Class Hours: 25
- Instructor: Diane Tegtmeier & Ann West
- Prerequisites: None, a prior massage course is recommended.
- Class Materials: Relationships that Heal: Skillful Practice within Nature’s Web, by Diane Tegtmeier
- Checkin at Harbin front gate as early as 12pm on your first day of class.
The Therapeutic Relationship: Pitfalls and Potential
This course takes both beginners and experienced bodyworkers beyond specific modalities and ethics into an exploration of the relationship itself as a container for healing. Learn to apply nature’s principles and compassionate communication skills to those touchy situations in daily practice around safety, power, money and sex.
- Learn the six principles of the Cell Membrane Model for Therapeutic Relationship and how those are reflected in Marshall Rosenberg’s Non Violent Communication Model (NVC).
- Apply the cell membrane and NVC principles to real bodywork practice situations
- Practice several communication strategies and approaches to challenging situations around issues of safety, power, money and sex.
- Learn the 3 forms of empathy to practice with self and others