- Class Hours: 50
- Instructor: Bill Anderson
- Prerequisites: None
- Class Materials: Foot Reflexology by Dwight Byers
Foot bath container
- Checkin at Harbin front gate as early as 12pm Sunday.
You may enter the classroom building at 6pm to bring in your bedding and food if you'd like. Class orientation begins promptly at 6:30pm for a 7pm class start time.
Want to learn foot massage? This course introduces the fundamentals of reflexology, providing an exceptional foundation for the layperson or professional. The focus of this course will be to understand the theory and practice of reflexology, the anatomy and conditions of the feet, and how to use reflexology for personal health and for a client based practice.
An understanding of the appropriate application of varied techniques provides a basis for developing creative, intuitive and individualized sessions. Movement, self-awareness exercises, creative visualization, water work and meditation round out this dynamic learning experience. You can expect to have fun and deepen your knowledge of yourself as you gain skills and confidence necessary to give a compassionate, effective reflexology session.
During the course you will learn:
- Reflexology points of the feet
- Muscle and skeletal anatomy of the feet
- techniques for practicing reflexology
- To give a full reflexology session
- To use reflexology as an adjunct to a full body massage
- Shiatsu points of the feet
- Techniques of energetic grounding and presence
- Indications and contraindications for reflexology
- Body mechanics and bodyworker self-care