- Class Hours: 50
- Instructor: Julia Bystrova
- Prerequisites: Massage Intensive or equivalent
- Class Materials: “Massage Therapist Guide to Pathology” 4th edition, by Ruth Werner
- Checkin at Harbin front gate as early as 12pm Sunday.
You may enter the classroom building at 6pm to bring in your bedding and food if you'd like. Class orientation begins promptly at 6:30 pm for a 7pm class start time.
This course is specifically geared to make learning pathology and the science of the body fun! You will understand why this course is so vital as you grow your confidence in understanding a client’s needs and issues, and your massage work will gain greater respect as a result. We will discuss pathologic conditions with the goal of being able to make informed decisions about the safety and applicability of massage modalities. We will have a lot of hands on practice, as well as explorations into the body through guided journeys, art projects and discussion. We are excited to add to this course a new component! We will explore some of the mind-body patterns that can be commonly found and their relationship with particular conditions. We will also have the opportunity to address our own massage-indicated conditions and receive support and helpful insight.
Course Objectives: At the end of this class each student will be able to:
• Identify common issues and ailments
• Ascertain the conditions that are contraindicated for massage and when to refer a client to a qualified doctor or specialist
• What conditions are indicated for massage and techniques that can be helpful
• Understanding common body patterns and their relation to emotions, stress and mental state