- Class Hours: 25
- Instructor: Andrew Yavelow
- Prerequisites: 100 hours Massage Intensive or equivalent
- Class Materials: Class manual by instructor, bring 2 sets of twin sheets
- Checkin at Harbin front gate as early as 12pm Sunday.
You may enter the classroom building at 6pm to bring in your bedding and food if you'd like. Class orientation begins promptly at 6:30pm for a 7pm class start time.
Massage Boosters is all about helping you become a better therapist. The purpose of the class is to support you in moving beyond the limits of a beginner’s sequence, by giving you the skills and comfort to work with more understanding, intuition, ease, subtlety, and effectiveness. The primary techniques we’ll focus on in the class are joint release, soft tissue mobilizations and rocking. We’ll discuss massage theory and principles, delve into functional anatomy and physiology and spend significant time on practitioner somatics and self-care. But mostly, we’ll have fun doing lots of hands-on learning and trades.
Specifically, you’ll learn:
• New skills for contacting the body and feeling into the tissue, and more options for how to use your hands
• The primary importance of sensing for and using “tissue response” as the key to helping you stay present, and to knowing where to work, how deeply, and with what techniques
• How to work directly on the bony areas of the body
• How to quickly relax and release tension in the joints
• How use soft-tissue mobilizations and rhythms to bring lightness, ease and highly effective “three- dimensionality” into your work.
• And how to integrate all this material into the sequence or approach you’re currently using
In all, Massage Boosters is a powerful and empowering 3-day class that will help you expand your skills, refine your technique, deepen your presence, and – no matter how adept you already are – bring your work to the next level.