- Class Hours: 25
- Instructor: Dr. Mark Olson
- Prerequisites: 100 hours Massage Intensive
- Class Materials: Class manual by instructor, bring 2 sets of twin sheets
- Checkin at Harbin front gate as early as 12pm the day class starts. You may enter the classroom building at 6pm to bring in your bedding and food if you'd like. Class orientation begins promptly at 6:30 pm for a 7pm class start time.
Lomilomi is a Polynesian style of massage that uses long, broad strokes with the forearms and elbows in a fluid manner. The long strokes glide over the lines that typically divide the body, creating a more integrative experience than is often encountered in a Swedish-style massage. This course integrates the essential principles and techniques of both traditional and temple-style Lomilomi and mindfully merges them with principles from neuroscience, kinesiology, and body mechanics. The result is a Lomilomi style that is more effective for the client and more sustainable for the therapist.
Along with a brief overview of the history and philosophy of this modality you will learn and practice:
• How to describe and this modality to clients
• Many ways of safely using forearms and elbows
• Proper body mechanics for this modality
• Blending this modality into other bodywork modalities
• A full-body routine for this modality
• Integrating this modality with their current massage routine