- Class Hours: 25
- Instructor: Alaya Babineau
- Prerequisites: None
- Class Materials: Class Manual by the instructor, bring 2 sets of twin sheets
- Checkin at Harbin front gate as early as 12pm Friday.
You may enter the classroom building at 6pm to bring in your bedding and food if you'd like. Class orientation begins promptly at 6:30 pm for a 7pm class start time.
Foundations of Touch - For Massage Practitioners and Personal Development
Are you thinking about taking an introductory class of massage and subtle touch? Do you want to explore the possibilities of massage as a practice or deepen your intimacy skills with your partner? Foundations of Touch will introduce you the basics of touch and help you to crystallize a more subtle ground to move from in any style of body therapy. By supporting you to more fully reside in the bodily felt sense, this class will give you the essential platform to touch with perceptual and palpatory skill.
Through the use of guided meditations, principles of Breath of Life Cranial Touch, and free flow and guided massage exercises, you will be invited to re-sensitize to the responses of your whole body so that you can help others do the same.
You will learn and practice:
• How to move from stillness
• How to navigate body felt sense awareness
• Basic massage strokes • Proper body mechanics
• Palpatory skills with attuned hands and body
• To see the body as a whole through a basic understanding of fascia and tensegrity
• Guided mediations and movement to further deepen awareness and perception.
• Many ways of creating safe space and establishing a healthy Relational Field in which to work.
This class is a good introduction to Massage Intensive.