- Class Hours: 50
- Instructor: Carlisle Douglas
- Prerequisites: 100 hours massage training, Anatomy Bones & Muscles
- Class Materials: “Introduction to Massage Therapy,” by Braun and Simonson, 2 sets of twin size sheets
- Checkin at Harbin front gate as early as 12pm Sunday.
You may enter the classroom building at 6pm to bring in your bedding and food. Class orientation begins promptly at 6:30pm for a 7pm class start time.
Are you wanting more techniques in your practice? Are you a continuing student wanting the next course that will take your massage to new levels of therapy? This class is for you. It will give you the opportunity to expand your existing skills while integrating new techniques. You will learn a side lying approach, which is particularly effective for the hip, lower back, neck and shoulder girdle. This approach also offers more comfort and flexibility for pregnant clients. Joint mobilization, myofascial stretching and release and muscle energy techniques will increase your effectiveness and palpation sensitivity. You will learn the effects, benefits, indication and contraindications for hydrotherapy as well as specific applications for integration with massage.
During the course you will:
• Learn basic theory and technique of Myofascial Release
• Learn basic theory and application of Muscle Energy Techniques, specifically PNF stretching (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation stretching )
• Learn joint mobilization techniques for use in bodywork sessions
• Learn how to give a full-body session in side-lying posture
• Assess and improve own body mechanics and self-care habits
• Expand tools and knowledge toward enhancing ability to provide appropriate therapeutic bodywork that meets clients’ individual needs