- Class Hours: 50
- Instructor: Arpita Ohsiek
- Prerequisites: None
- Class Materials: Basic Acupressure booklet, Intermediate/Advanced Acupressure booklet, and Acupressure Flashcards
- Checkin at Harbin front gate as early as 12pm Sunday.
You may enter the classroom building at 6pm to bring in your bedding and food if you'd like. Class orientation begins promptly at 6:30 pm for a 7pm class start time.
This course will focus on 30 major acupressure points, their locations, indications and contra-indications, and how to combine them into full sessions as well as integrating their use into sessions with other modalities, like shiatsu and massage. The course will also include instruction in acupressure technique – how to apply pressure, how to tell how much pressure to apply, assessing if individual points are “open” or “closed”, how to sedate and tonify points and how to tell when a point has been held long enough. Acupressure meridians will be taught to provide a broader context for the individual points. Attention will be given to balancing the client’s body, mind, spirit and emotions as an integrated whole, and to the practitioner using the energy present in nature and good body mechanics to be able to give sessions without strain, feeling a pleasant and relaxed energy flow themselves during the session.
At the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Trace the pathways of each of the 12 major meridians and know each meridian’s element and yin/yang pair.
- Have a basic understanding of Five Element Theory and the corresponding organ meridian, orifice, sense organ, emotion, parts of the body, and season of each element.
- Know the location, meridian, indications and contraindications for 30 major acupressure points.
- Use these 30 points with proper technique.
- Read and follow acupressure flow patterns.
- Assess a client’s needs and choose an appropriate acupressure flow pattern for the client.
- Have a basic understanding of Strange Flows/Extraordinary Vessels, when and how to use them in acupressure flow patterns.
- Assess a client’s needs and create acupressure flow patterns individualized to client needs.
- Nourish and regulate their own Qi, to maintain health and vitality.